Talk:Mathematics Jobs Wiki 2009-2010 (Teaching)
First-round phone interviews vs. second-round phone interviews
For places marked "JMM/phone interviews held" or similar, is there a way to distinguish between the ones that are doing phone interviews as a second round of interviews and the ones using them as an alternate first round for people who couldn't attend the JMM?
- This is a good idea, and I would like to make this distinction. Let me suggest writing "JMM/phone interviews held" to indicate alternate forms of first-round interviews and "JMM interviews held, phone interviews subsequently held" to indicate second-round phone interviews. --Applicant 11:50, 2 February 2010 (PST)
- Why not just say "phone interviews held (2nd round)"?
- Sounds good to me; that's easier. --Applicant 13:58, 2 February 2010 (PST)
WOW. The new symbols are not an improvement
I don't really have anything constructive to say, I just don't find the new system to be very illustrative.
- Mainly I just think that what was there before was verbose. Brevity is very important for these pages. If you can think of some other way to abbreviate the point, fine by me. But note that the symbols just have a learning curve; surely you can get used to them. Wiki Nonmoderator 09:39, 12 February 2010 (PST)
- Fair enough, I see your point. The soul-crushing disappointment that inevitably occurs every time I check this page has just started to get to me.